- Sector: Flight Crew Services
- Expiry Date: 16 November 2021
- Job Ref: J530389
Director of Flight Operation- West Atlantic - Malmo Airport, Sweden
Our client needs little introduction as one of Europe’s largest charter cargo airlines. We are delighted to be working with them to recruit for a Director of Flight Operations. This will be a direct hire with West Atlantic.
West Atlantic involves three aircraft types, Bae ATP, CRJ-200 and Boeing 737.
You will lead and develop the Flight Operation team for West Atlantic Sweden together with a dedicated team of Chief Pilots and administrative crew, including crew planning.
The DOFO is subject to approval by the Swedish CAA and reports to the Accountable Manager of the Company.
The DOFO has the full directive authority in flight operational matters.
The Director of Flight Operations has to maintain authority in all flight safety and operational matters by;
- Conducting a minimum of 25 flights a year; including training and checking to stay informed of pilot’s attitudes and standards.
- Leading the Flight Operations Department while coordinating with other Nominated Persons, subcontractors, relevant authorities etc.
- Prepare the departmental budget and activity plans and supervise its outcome.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all applicable regulations and limitations.
- Ensuring that all personnel are fully qualified and authorized for their assigned duties.
- Monitor that necessary equipment and sufficient resources are allocated for all flights to be carried out safely, appropriately, effectively and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Maintain and develop relevant manuals and issue instructions to ascertain that company procedures and standards are in accordance with the requirements set by the applicable regulations.
- Ensuring that internal control, quality assurance and supervision of adherence to company procedures is integrated in all activities within the department.
- Liaise with the SCAA and other relevant authorities and organisations and when appropriate take part in organised seminars and meetings.
- Very familiar with the structure and contents of applicable EASA regulations.
- Experienced leader with documented leadership skills.
- Problem solving and planning skills, operational, tactical and strategic.
- Good administrative skills.
- Demonstrate high safety awareness.
- Have an ATPL license.
- High general aircraft technical and operational knowledge. Documented knowledge and skills in Microsoft 360.
- Are fluent in English both oral and written and at least one of the Scandinavian languages.
- Preferably a minimum of 500hrs on any aircraft type operated by WAS.
As a person you:
- Demonstrate strong customer focus
- Have proven ability to work under pressure
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Are an excellent team-worker
- Are a great communicator
- Have social competence
- Are analytical.
- Are open to and able to find creative solutions.
You have a driving licence and access to a car.
Resource Group (Contractair) pride ourselves on our attention to detail and care for both candidate and client. We strive to deliver the finest service and ensure your application will be dealt with efficiently. You can expect any application to be responded to within a 48-hour (working week) period and, if you meet the criteria, your application will be presented to our client on the same day.
For more information on how to apply for the position please contact Rebecca Cottrell on +44 (0) 1256 368 500 / +44 (0) 7767667885, or alternatively, please send your CV to Rebecca,firstname.lastname@example.org