We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join our team on a permanent basis in Hartlebury.
This exciting new opportunity will offer room for growth in addition to support for study with relation to the role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to the functions detailed below, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required. In addition, key objectives and targets will be set/established and agreed on appointment.
- Prepare complete management accounts from P&L to all balance sheet reconciliations on a MONTHLY basis that will involve operating in multiple currencies in accordance with the month end timetable for the Gmbh, Gmbh UK and RTR entities
- Ensure UK Exchequer based ledgers match 100% to the German Datev ledgers on a monthly basis at a ledger account level and create corrective actions where appropriate.
- Develop an understanding of Datev with a view to doing all Gmbh accounts in Datev and migrate away from Exchequer if possible.
- Produce 1st draft of the budget for relevant entities by liaising with appropriate stakeholders
- Develop ongoing KPI’s e.g. headcount reporting
- Liaise with payroll team ensure correct reporting of payroll related taxes.
- Provide supporting information for sales teams to raise invoices where necessary.
- Review UK VAT for relevant entity confirm to the Assistant Management Accountant it is okay for submission as well as assist with foreign tax account reconciliations, including payments and recovery of tax from contractors.
- Input/review and be 1st approver for all payments on the banking system – to ensure the payments made are correct (post probation).
- Support the monthly cashflow forecast process.
- Lead the audit of aforementioned entities with the German auditor.
- Provide support as and when necessary to the business management.
- Continuously monitor and improve the financial and reporting systems to ensure they meet the developing needs of the business and that the group accounts comply with GAAP
- Work within the FCS/ARS accounting team to improve processes and create efficiencies that the team can benefit from
- Part Qualified CIMA (or Equivalent)
- Further/Higher education or relevant experience
- GCSE’s including English Language and Maths grade C or above
Experience & Skills Required:
- Strong Excel skills with a good understanding of pivot tables and data manipulation
- Good understanding of working in multiple currencies and the impact on accounts
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads and handle conflicting workloads and multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Particular Aptitude required:
- Self-motivated with a “can do” attitude
- Willing to develop and be developed within the wider finance team, a proper team player
- Willing to learn from the team and be confident to suggest improvements constructively
- Willing to travel if required within Group companies across Europe (rare but possible)
If you are interested in this job opportunity then please apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.